As Built (HOP AB)
- Wagon numbers
Photographed model is a decorated sample, and may not be fully indicative of the final model.
Highly-detailed OO gauge model, 1:76.2 scale on 16.5mm track
* Minimum Radius 438mm (2nd Radius Set-track)
* Weight 40g minimum
* Die-cast chassis for ideal weight
* Detailed interior with rivets, framing, strapping and accurately profiled door 'horns'
* RP25-110 profile OO gauge wheels with separate brake blocks in line with tread
* Sprung metal buffers and dummy instanter couplings
* Super fine plastic parts, incl. air pipes, lamp irons, safety catches, clasp and disc brakes, hopper door operating equipment, etc.
* Etched metal details, incl. brake lever, chassis plates, etc.
* Removable, Kinetic NEM coupler mounts at correct height with mini-tension-lock couplers provided with scale Instanters included
Numerous individual differences between wagon types
* Three body styles: as built, rebodied and CDA
* Two styles of hopper door: 'X' pattern on coal variants and 'straight beam' pattern on CDA
* Original canopy and later 'aerodynamic' canopy styles where appropriate
* Two style of door operating equipment covers, with some later styles featuring 'mix and match' versions!
* Two styles of sprung buffer: Oleo (coal variants) and heavy duty (CDA)
* Three different chassis frame variants for HAA, HDA and CDA versions
* Multiple bufferbeam brake pipe configurations
* Three different wheel variants: bolted disc brake, plain disc brake and standard (clasp brake)
* HBA/HDA feature correct modifications to brake disc caliper operating equipment, additional larger air cylinder, empty/loaded changeover levers and above solebar mounted brake distributor
* CDA correctly features large end air cylinder and above solebar mounted brake distributor, end ventilator boxes, highly detailed roof with textured canvas cover and chassis mounted operating handles
These and the other MGR wagons are great, perform nicely and look the part, can't wait to get them weathered and loaded to finish them off! I fear there will be more packs to come......
This will be my second rake of coal hoppers to add to my HDA's. After ordering at the end of December 2022, they never arrived to my address in Spain.
In February 2023, an email to Patrick at Accurascale resulted in the same order being re-dispatched the same day. They arrived very quickly and as with the HDA's the quality of build and attention to detail is just perfect. I am currently in the process of adding all the pipe work (included) and instanter couplings. Close coupled, they really do look the business.
Thank you Patrick and team for excellent service and for a quality product that will last me for years.
One can get a bit blasé about these wagons but they look excellent and run brilliantly and even where they arrive damaged the AS spares response is excellent. I now have one decent length rake and have a horrid feeling I am going to feel driven to building up a secondas soon as AS decide to rerun them.
Last HAA I bought came in a red box and was the expected norm. I opened the box and these are just 'wow'. Great detail and a great price. This is the future of model railroading
Superb wagon, concidering buying a second rake
Another winner, these HAAs are just superb, the level of detail is awesome, and they look extremely accurate to the original. they run well and just look so good, incredible
Straight from the box and onto the layout - no tweaking required. Been running every evening since and not a single derailment on my (less than perfect) track. As coming to expect from AS - models v detailed and look amazing. I used to be happy with my other manufacturers HAA but suddenly I can see all the errors in the old ones. Simply amazing and great value for money too.
Just received my HAA’s - RF packs 1&2. I’m really impressed with the detail and can’t wait to test them out. I may run these as empty’s - fitting load's might be difficult with the cross bracing.
Clearly the best HAA wagons I've ever owned in over 50 years of railway modelling. They run like a dream, absolutely delighted with them. Nice packaging too.
This is Excellent model and the detail is spot on I would recommend this model and the packaging is good