HBA Hopper (Aero Canopy)
ex HDA Wagons
Railfreight Red Livery (EWS Era)
- Wagon Numbers
Photographed model is a decorated sample, and may not be fully indicative of the final model.
Highly-detailed OO gauge model, 1:76.2 scale on 16.5mm track
* Minimum Radius 438mm (2nd Radius Set-track)
* Weight 40g minimum
* Die-cast chassis for ideal weight
* Detailed interior with rivets, framing, strapping and accurately profiled door 'horns'
* RP25-110 profile OO gauge wheels with separate brake blocks in line with tread
* Sprung metal buffers and dummy instanter couplings
* Super fine plastic parts, incl. air pipes, lamp irons, safety catches, clasp and disc brakes, hopper door operating equipment, etc.
* Etched metal details, incl. brake lever, chassis plates, etc.
* Removable, Kinetic NEM coupler mounts at correct height with mini-tension-lock couplers provided with scale Instanters included
Numerous individual differences between wagon types
* Three body styles: as built, rebodied and CDA
* Two styles of hopper door: 'X' pattern on coal variants and 'straight beam' pattern on CDA
* Original canopy and later 'aerodynamic' canopy styles where appropriate
* Two style of door operating equipment covers, with some later styles featuring 'mix and match' versions!
* Two styles of sprung buffer: Oleo (coal variants) and heavy duty (CDA)
* Three different chassis frame variants for HAA, HDA and CDA versions
* Multiple bufferbeam brake pipe configurations
* Three different wheel variants: bolted disc brake, plain disc brake and standard (clasp brake)
* HBA/HDA feature correct modifications to brake disc caliper operating equipment, additional larger air cylinder, empty/loaded changeover levers and above solebar mounted brake distributor
* CDA correctly features large end air cylinder and above solebar mounted brake distributor, end ventilator boxes, highly detailed roof with textured canvas cover and chassis mounted operating handles
Really beautifully detailed rolling stock. Very pleased with purchase
Just like the loadhaul versions these wagons are sublime in their level of detail. Just need to get them weathered and give them the 'battered' look. Will need some new 66s to haul them.
A really, really good model and very well presented.
Superb models great price great attention to detail. Now I have a rake of 27 just need to weathered them to highlight the super detail on the chassis keep me quiet over Christmas
Superb models of the later bodystyle HAA, the underframe detailing is exceptional, and the whole model is crisply moulded very well assembled. The hoods on the wagons are also very well proportioned. The wagon itself is of a sufficient weight to allow good running, yet not too heavy to permit a full rake of 36 to be pulled behind a loco, very well done!
Once again, a lovely little model that works perfectly straight from the box. The only thing that is missing is a load, perhaps they will be produced at some point or I will have to make my own, which shouldn't be that difficult.
The model is quite light and could probably benefit from some additional weight, easy enough to do if adding a load, but with long rakes of these, additional weight could cause problems with wagons being pulled of the rails at curves. This might not be a significant issue as they are very free running.
Yet another lovely wagon from Accurascale.
I now have five packs - and that says it all; I've run out of superlatives and can only echo all the positive comments elsewhere on here!!