HMA Hoppers (ex. HAA)
Mainline Blue Livery
- Wagon Numbers
Photographed model is a decorated sample, and may not be fully indicative of the final model.
Highly-detailed OO gauge model, 1:76.2 scale on 16.5mm track
* Minimum Radius 438mm (2nd Radius Set-track)
* Weight 40g minimum
* Die-cast chassis for ideal weight
* Detailed interior with rivets, framing, strapping and accurately profiled door 'horns'
* RP25-110 profile OO gauge wheels with separate brake blocks in line with tread
* Designed for easy conversion to EM and P4 gauge track
* Sprung metal buffers and dummy instanter couplings
* Super fine plastic parts, incl. air pipes, lamp irons, safety catches, clasp and disc brakes, hopper door operating equipment, etc.
* Etched metal details, incl. brake lever, chassis plates, etc.
* Removable, Kinetic NEM coupler mounts at correct height with mini-tension-lock couplers provided with scale Instanters included
Numerous individual differences between wagon types
* Three body styles: as built, rebodied and CDA
* Two styles of hopper door: 'X' pattern on coal variants and 'straight beam' pattern on CDA
* Original canopy and later 'aerodynamic' canopy styles where appropriate
* Two style of door operating equipment covers, with some later styles featuring 'mix and match' versions!
* Two styles of sprung buffer: Oleo (coal variants) and heavy duty (CDA)
* Three different chassis frame variants for HAA, HDA and CDA versions
* Multiple bufferbeam brake pipe configurations
* Three different wheel variants: bolted disc brake, plain disc brake and standard (clasp brake)
* HBA/HDA feature correct modifications to brake disc caliper operating equipment, additional larger air cylinder, empty/loaded changeover levers and above solebar mounted brake distributor
* CDA correctly features large end air cylinder and above solebar mounted brake distributor, end ventilator boxes, highly detailed roof with textured canvas cover and chassis mounted operating handles
Great wagons. so much detail and true running with no wobbles. The price is great to. I am very pleased with my purchase. Thank you
first set of these blue wagons am sure there will be as good as the rest of them
Seriously impressed with the quality of these (and the other mgr family) wagons! Excellent work.
Another fine coal hopper from Accurascale. Exception detail and excellent livery application. I am a big fan of the Mainline livery
These are excellent depictions of a much-missed wagon type, especially with the bold blue Mainline branding making for a stunning appearance. The printing is very sharp and well applied over the shiny silver hopper body, and with the full complement of underframe detailing as one would expect for the HMA. Very impressive wagons - I shall be ordering more should future batches be announced to add a splash of colour to a block MGR rake!
The variety of Merry-Go-Round wagons that Accurascale are offering is outstanding. My blue HMA's arrived and I have not weathered them as I am reluctant to do so just yet. . Right now I have 24 empty wagons in total across the range rumbling around at 60 mph scale speed. For me it represents a brand new 'mixed' train of HAA's etc... until future batches of the HMA Mainline blue become avaliable. But thats someting to look forward to. I am very happy for now.
Compared to first generation MGRs this HMA is light years away. All moulding is crisp and paint is plain but superbly applied
A really nice model, fantastic level of detail, really quick delivery and all at a great price.
Brought these to complement my earlier purchase of HCAs and HBAs in EWS and Loadhaul liveries and have just returned for a pack of MHAs. Brilliant wagons of high quality and accuracy.