- Caledonian Sleeper
Note: Photographs depict the decorated samples, which will receive additional corrections and finesse before delivery.
- Highly detailed OO scale model, 1:76.2
- Die-cast Alloy metal chassis
- Provided DCC ready [21Pin MTC Socket] or Factory DCC Sound Fitted
- Separately applied etched metal and high fidelity plastic detail parts, including grab handles, steps, wipers, nameplates, crests and more.
- Correct height mini-tension-lock couplers with NEM socket as well as a fully detailed bufferbeam
- High Performance traction, to include;
- Five-Pole motor with two flywheels
- Metal Helical Gear box for maximum performance and slow speed running
- Gearing arranged for accurate top speed
- DCC ready with PowerPack capacitor for uninterrupted power
- All wheel drive and all wheel pickup
- Dual motorised Pantographs with full DCC control
- Fully detailed Lighting Pack, including:
- Directional lighting, DC and DCC
- Lighting clusters with appropriate day and night-time modes
- Red and white marker lights
- Separately switched cab lighting and illuminated, details driver’s console, auto off on movement
- RP25-110 wheels OO wheels with provision for re-gauging to p4 (18.83mm) and EM (18mm) gauge
- Two quality speakers with large sound capsules for best possible sound (*on sound fitted models)
- Fully sprung metal buffers
- Extra fine factory-fitted pipework
Minimum Radius 438mm (2nd Radius Set-track)
This is a brilliant piece of equipment. Five stars for slow running, smooth drive and immaculate finish. I have fitted accurascale magnetic couplings and it pulls four sleeper carriages up gradients with no problem and no splitting off of carriages. I am proper chuffed!! Thanks.
I hadn't taken too much interest in this model when it was announced as the Class 92 wasn't a loco I was all that familiar with, however after seeing the models in person at Model Rail Scotland I saw how incredible they were and knew I had to have one! I wasn't disappointed and it's now one of my favourite models, certainly one of the best detailed and best running locos I own. Even the plain blue livery of the Caledonian Sleeper has a lovely finish to it. All that for a price other manufacturers would say was impossible! Very highly recommended.
This is my second 92, I loved the first one and really wanted to get my hands on an exclusive.
The sheer detail on these locos has truely set the bar. Considering that over the last 20 years the advancements in manufacturing have come on ten fold our modelling industry has been pretty stagnant. That was until Accurascale came along. These models scream the quality that we’ve been desperate for. Not only that, the price tag is realistic. I am so impressed I’m thinking of even adding a third to my collection.
The photos below depict the loco with Accurascales Magnettic Dellner couplers fitted.
Another great 92 in sleeper livery. Can't wait for the rerun of the MK5 sleepers. This is my 4th class 92. Excellent.
The model is good and smooth running .The detailing is excellent and good value for the price. I would buy another , I would recommend the model to anyone wishing purchase one.
I’m delighted with my purchase, as I am with everything I’ve had from Accurascale so far. It’s well detailed and a great runner. The packaging is very attractive and adds to the excitement of opening up a new model. My one slight criticism would be the mounting pocket for the NEM coupling. I’ve had three Accurascale locos now and this part always seems too loose and falls out as soon as anything is coupled up. Soon fixed with a spot of glue
Once again Accurascale has out done them self again as I have the Caledonian sleeper coach pack. I did buy the old hornby class 92 but then looked at it and I end up buying this one and so much better working pantographs, head lights and even work light up gauges, well price wise is OK at about £190 yes expensive but you pay what you get.
5 star reviews everywhere who am I to argue
A few weeks ago I purchased the 4-carriage Highland Sleeper set - definitely the best models (as a non-techi pensioner) I have ever owned. Now I have my best-ever loco to go with them. I had thought of suitably repainting a Class 73 to recreate the FW sleeper set but why bother when you can run such a beauty as this. Performance, especially at low speeds is wonderful. The painting and detailing is superb. The pantographs so well engineered. The lighting so sharp. I cannot seem to take it off the track to run other stock! Thank you Accurascale.
Bought this one with 92020 as appropriate locos for haulage of the Sleepers - spent its first few hours running up and down a 12 foot test track just for me to enjoy its capabilities - absolutely stunning